- 5 ATM Water resistance
- Good battery
- Accurate Tracking
- Connection and Mobile sync needs improvement
- Notification management needs improvement
Amazfit Bip U is a recent smartwatch from Amazfit for beginners. It is available for purchase via Amazfit’s flagship store on Daraz.
Amazfit Bip U price in Nepal is Rs 10,499. And, it looks very much like the Mi Watch Lite.
So, is it any good? I’ll tell you all about it in this review article of the Amazfit Bip U.
Amazfit Bip U Specifications
- Body: 40.9 x 35.5 x 11.4mm, 31g (with strap)
- Body Material: Polycarbonate
- Strap Material: Silicon Rubber
- Display: 1.43″ full color IPS LCD, 72% NTSC (typical)
- Screen Resolution: 320×320 pixels
- Connectivity: Bluetooth 5
- Battery Capacity: 230mAh
- Sensors: Accelerometer/Gyroscope/PPG Heart Rate
- Charging Port: Clip / 2-pins POGO pin
Amazfit Bip U Price in Nepal: Rs. 10,499 | Buy Now From Daraz
Amazfit Bip U Review
- 40.9 x 35.5 x 11.4mm
- 31g (with strap)
- Polycarbonate body
Amazfit Bip U is just like the Mi Watch Lite in terms of design and build. It has a polycarbonate body and a silicone strap. Because of the materials used, it is very light at just 31g.
The watch doesn’t feel premium but it does feel very comfortable on the wrist. It also has 5 ATM water resistance which keeps it safe from splashes and sweat.
The most notable difference between the Mi Watch Lite and the Amazfit Bip U is the side button. The one on the Bip U is circular whereas the one on the Mi Watch Lite is rectangular. The physical button can be used to unlock the watch, wake the screen, return to the previous menu, scroll up and down during the workout, and pause it.
On the back, it has a SpO2 sensor, BioTracker 2 PPG biological optical sensor, and charging pins. Talking about sensors, it also has Accelerometer and Gyro sensor. But, it does not include a GPS and has to rely on a connected smartphone’s GPS.
- 1.43″ full-color IPS LCD,
- 72% NTSC (typical)
- 320×320 pixels
The 1.43 inches color display of the Bip U has Gorilla Glass 3 protection and an anti-finger coating.
Bip U’s display has decent visibility and it is usable under strong sunlight at 100% brightness. But, it does not have an auto-brightness feature as it lacks an ambient light sensor.
Aside from the visibility, the touch response of the Bip U is really good. I did not have any issues with touch response and it was smooth all the time. Furthermore, it supports 50 custom watch faces through the Zepp app.
Tracking and Performance
- SpO2, Sleep, Heart Rate, Stress Tracking
- Workout Modes
- Acceleration sensor
- Gyroscope sensor
Amazfit Bip U is not a slouch when it comes to tracking. Most importantly, it has a SpO2 sensor that can measure your blood oxygen level. Considering the current situation, this feature is very handful. And, its accuracy is also pretty decent. The oxygen level readings were mostly consistent with a conventional oximeter.
Furthermore, you can also track your heart rate at various intervals from 1 min to 30 mins. If you want a good battery life you should set it to 10 mins. Sleep tracking also monitors your sleep status including deep sleep, light sleep, REM, awake time. The sleep time and awake time are very accurate. I also like the sleep quality score feature as it provides insights for sleep improvement.
Moving on, it has more than 60 workout modes to track your workouts. During the workout, it can track walking distance, speed, heart rate changes, and calories burned. The stress monitoring feature can also help you monitor your stress levels. It also provides breathing training to manage your stress levels.
The overall tracking and performance of the Bip U are very good. I did not face any sort of lags while using the watch and other tracking features.
Battery and Connectivity
- Clip / 2-pins POGO pin charging
- BLE 5.0
The 230mAh battery on the Bip U can provide up to 9 days of battery life under general usages. If you use the 24-hours stress monitoring and tracking features, you are looking at a 5 day of battery life.
I used it for 3 days with all of the tracking features enabled along with 24 hours stress monitoring and it was down to 60% at the start of 3rd day. As for charging, it takes about 2 hours to charge it from 0 to 100%.
For connectivity, it uses BLE 5.0 with a standard range of 10m. The connection is pretty solid with no drops. However, sometimes it takes too much time to sync the data with the app. The first time pairing with the watch was also time-consuming. So. these things could be improved.
- Zepp App
- Supports Android 5.0 or iOS 10.0 and above
The Amazfit Bip U works with both Android and iOS devices and you need to download the Zepp app from their respective app stores to set up the smartwatch, sync data, and change its settings.
The Zepp app provides a detailed analysis of workouts, heart rate tracking, and sleep tracking. Other features include app and call notifications, remote camera, remote music, weather alerts, timer, phone finder, alarms, and Pomodoro tracker.
To be fair, the Zepp app is much better than Xiaomi’s Xiaomi Wear app. The user experience on the Zepp was much better due to its intuitive and beginner-friendly design.
Amazfit Bip U is a very good beginner smartwatch.
Surely, it does not have premium features that are offered by expensive smartwatches but it provides the best set of features for the price. It is definitely one of the best smartwatches you can get in Nepal.
What do you think of the Amazfit BIP U? Let us know in the comments!
Also, watch our review of the Samsung Galaxy M32 in Nepali.
- Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 3 Review: The Best Affordable Flip PhonePros IPX8 Water Resistance Improved Displays Durable Build Flawless Performance Top-Notch Selfies Compactness Cons Battery…
- NTA Studying the Possibility of Refurbishing and Assembling Phone Sets in NepalNepal Telecommunication Authority (NTA) is studying the possiblity to assemble and refurbish mobile phone sets.…
- Coolpad Cool 12A Review: An Stylish Entry-Level OptionPros Great design Good display Great Battery Life Decent performance Cons Below Average Camera Bugs…
- OnePlus Mobiles Price in Nepal: Features and SpecsOnePlus is a Chinese smartphone maker that focuses on performance over anything else. Its parent…
- Honda CB350 RS Gets a Price Hike in Nepal – Rs. 23,000 Expensive!Honda CB350 RS is now more expensive in Nepal. Syakar Trading Company Pvt. Ltd., the…
- Samsung Galaxy A52s 5G Launching Next Week in Nepal!Samsung Galaxy A52s 5G is set to launch soon in Nepal. Samsung unveiled the Samsung…