MI Nepal has teased the launch of its latest device Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 AI on its official Facebook page. We don’t know the exact date of the launch for the Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 AI yet. But Mi Nepal has said it would be launched pretty soon.
The Redmi Note 5 AI is Xiaomi’s take on the midrange device of 2018. As most phones this year, Redmi Note 5 AI has an updated 18:9 aspect ratio and vertically stacked cameras on the back of the phone. So the phone looks good and modern. The back is still aluminum though. And it is a great choice because glass is… glass. Glass is fragile and prone to breaking. So metal is the way most phones should go. But let’s not get too much into that.
The phone ships with Android 8.0 Oreo out of the box. It is expected if any phone wants to show its face in 2018. The processor is Qualcomm Snapdragon 636. An octa-core midrange processor from Qualcomm. It will fare very well for normal tasks and can even handle a little bit of gaming. But this chip is especially geared towards battery efficiency than providing the most performance.
MIUI has come a long way since its inception. It has fast and light animations throughout the interface that makes the phone feel smooth. Multitasking would be no problem for the available 3GB or 4GB or 6GB of RAM. But, we suggest you go for the 4 GB as 3 GB “might” not ensure the phone will age gracefully with time.
The dual cameras on the back look good on paper. We will have to see how it performs in the real world when it comes out to give any verdict. But if the cameras on Xiaomi phones of the past are any indication, the pictures would look eye pleasing. The fingerprint scanners on Xiaomi phones are very fast and accurate. We expect nothing less on this phone. Battery life, however, would be very subjective. Looking at the number only, 4000mAh battery with the midrange processor will probably give you an all-day battery life.
Lastly the screen. It is an FHD+ screen. And though this phone has not yet been released, Xiaomi’s panels are very vibrant and have a very rich color palette. The backlight is even. So it is sure that the screen would look good.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 AI Key Specifications
- Display – 5.99 inches FHD IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen
- Resolution – 1080×2160 18:9 Aspect ratio @ 403 ppi
- Chipset – Qualcomm SDM636 Snapdragon 636
- CPU – Octa-core 1.8 GHz Kryo 260
- GPU – Adreno 509
- Memory – 64GB/32GB internal storage with microSD expandable storage (up to 256GB)
- RAM – 4/6 GB for the 64 GB variant and 3 GB for the 32 GB variant
- OS – Android 8.0 (Oreo)
- Primary Camera – Dual: 12 MP (f/1.9, 1.4µm) + 5 MP (f/2.0, 1.25µm), dual pixel phase detection autofocus, dual-LED flash
- Secondary Camera – 13 MP (f/2.0, 1.12µm), LED flash, 1080p
- Battery – Non-removable Li-Po 4000 mAh battery
- Sensors – Fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, proximity, compass
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 AI Price in Nepal (Expected): ~ Rs. 32,000 (32GB)
As already said, the phone has not yet launched, but Xiaomi has already started teasing the phone on its Facebook page. We will update you with the price as soon as the phone is launched. But this phone would be a steal if Xiaomi can keep the price of this phone at around 32K NRs.
- IME Pay Celebrates 1 Million Downloads on PlayStore with A GiveawayIME Pay, one of the popular digital wallets of Nepal has hit 1 million downloads…
- Yamaha Ray ZR 125 FI Street Rally Launched in Nepal for Rs. 2.54 LakhsAll-new sporty Yamaha Ray ZR 125 Street Rally is now available in Nepal. MAW Enterprises, the…
- Bajaj Avenger 160 ABS Street First Ride: Mixed Experiences!Bajaj Avenger 160 ABS Street is now available in Nepal. HH Bajaj, the authorized distributors…
- Suzuki Gixxer 155 First Ride: Great First Impression!Suzuki Gixxer 250 was a total package! Suzuki’s naked flagship had everything one could ever…
- DJI Osmo Mobile 4 with Magnetic Clamp Design Now Available in NepalDJI announced its latest mobile gimbal, the Osmo Mobile 4 back in August. And, now…