The underpass at Kalanki junction will be constructed in the next few months. On the other hand, the government has already started studying the possibility of constructing similar structures in Naya Baneshwor and Maharajgunj.
Why it Matters:
If the plans of the government are implemented well, within the next five years, there will be three major road crossing equipped with underpasses to let vehicles crossing in Kathmandu valley.
According to the Department:
- They have begun selecting consultants for a feasibility study for the construction in two new places.
- They plan to complete all construction works in next four years.
- The Department says both the projects will be constructed with domestic investment. However, a Chinese company has expressed its interest in the construction in Maharajgunj.
- China has also invested in the construction of the underpass in Kalanki.
- According to the Department’s Deputy Director General Arjun Jung Thapa, it will take around 10 months for the feasibility study.
- “We think underpasses are necessary along with road expansion to get rid of traffic jams in Kathmandu,” Thapa says, “Therefore, we will launch a feasibility study in two places.”
Big News: McDonald’s Launches Delivery Service in Nepal with FoodmanduHIGHLIGHTS McDonald’s has partnered with Foodmandu to exclusively deliver its menu items in Nepal. Nepali…
Honda Aviator 110 Price in Nepal (April 2023 Updated)HIGHLIGHTS Honda Aviator price in Nepal is Rs. 2.35 Lakhs. It is available in a…
Honda Unicorn 150 Price in Nepal (April 2023 Updated)HIGHLIGHTS Honda Unicorn 150 price in Nepal is Rs. 3.08 Lakhs. It comes in Black,…