This year, Software Freedom Day 2018 is being organized by Open Source ASCOL Circle (OSAC) and Department of CSIT Amrit Campus on 15th September at Amrit Campus. The event is being celebrated with the slogan “Open source for multi-disciplinary integration”. The objective of the event is to learn more about the free and open source software as well as exploring the boundless possibilities of new projects and development in open source IT field.
The event will begin at 10 AM with registration and include exhibitions, stalls, panel discussions, speaker’s session, and a workshop session on Open Street Mapping. According to the organizers, the event will also have a paper presentation on various topics like open street mapping, big data, open data from different communities and companies in Nepal. The event will prove to be productive to people from various sectors related to IT.
The speakers for the event are as follows:
- Rob Savoye (Free and Open Source Software)
- Suvash Khadka (Impact of FOSS on Present scenario)
- Subham Ghimire (Open knowledge and Open data
- Saurav Bhattarai (OSM and Open Government)
The panel discussion will be on the business framework of Open Source: its morality and practicality. The moderator for the panel discussion is Roshan Gautam. The workshop on Open Street Mapping is being facilitated by Kathmandu Living Labs (KLL). The data analysis with R workshop from R user group Nepal is being facilitated by Binod Jung Bogati and Diwash Shrestha.
The event is free to attend by everyone so that anyone can visit stalls, and attend the speaker’s session and panel discussions. However, in order to attend the workshop on Open Street Mapping, participants need to register on a special form. Likewise, in order to present their project at the exhibition, students need to register in an online form as well.
Moreover, there is a way to register online for event RSVP. If there is an overflow of participants in the event, the registered participants will get higher priority.
Where: Theatre Hall, Amrit Science Campus, Lainchaur, KTM
When: 15th September 2018
Duration: 10 AM – 4 PM
Event RSVP: form
Workshop on Open Street Mapping: form
- Programiz: An e-Learning Platform from Nepal has now Reached 15 Million pageviews/month in the Global MarketOnly a handful Nepali digital platforms have reached the global audience. One of them is…
- Honda CB350 RS Launched in Nepal: Honda H’ness with Scrambler Twist!Honda CB350 RS is now finally available in Nepal. Syakar Trading Company Pvt. Ltd., the…
- All-new Hyundai i20 Launched in Nepal: Variant, Price Details & MoreHyundai i20 has finally launched in Nepal. Laxmi Intercontinental Pvt. Ltd., the authorized distributor of…
- Micromax IN 2b with Unisoc T610 and Dual Cameras to Launch Soon in NepalAfter its launch in India, Micromax IN 2b is also set to launch soon in…