Oppo has been one of the most popular brands in Nepal. Mainly because of its advertising pursuit, many people know, if not at least heard, about Oppo. The huge flex all around the valley and the sponsorship of Nepal’s largest singing competition have played a huge role in Oppo’s popularity.
Oppo has been releasing smartphones frequently this year. Phones like Oppo A83 and Oppo A71 have made their way to Nepal. However, this time around Oppo has decided to release a new mid-range smartphone, well slightly above mid-tier, the Oppo F7. This phone is supposed to be launched later this month and the Oppo F7 price in Nepal is expected to be around Rs. 35,000 to Rs. 37,000.
Starting off with the screen, it has a 6.23 inch IPS panel with a resolution of 2280×1080 pixels which is an 18:9 aspect ratio screen. It has an iPhone like notch which some people might like but some people don’t. Powering this is the Octa-Core Helio P60 chip which is accompanied by the Mali-G72 MP3 GPU. Backing this, you get either 4 Gigabytes or 6 Gigabytes of RAM depending on the price. Again for internal storage, you get 64GB or 128 depending on price point.
As far as the camera goes, it is Oppo, so you can expect the camera to be outrageous in a good way. In the back, the camera is a 16 Megapixel shooter with f/1.8 aperture. In theory, you should be able to shoot 4K videos with this device but it is likely the Oppo will disable it. On the front, you get a 25 Megapixel shooter with f/2.0 aperture. All of this is juiced by a 3400 mAh Non-Removable Lithium Ion battery.
Oppo F7 Key Specifications
- Display: 6.2 inches IPS capacitive touchscreen
- Resolution: 2280×1080 pixels
- Chipset: Mediatek Helio P60
- CPU: Octa-core (4×2.0 GHz Cortex-A73 & 4×2.0 GHz Cortex-A53)
- GPU: Mali-G72 MP3
- OS: Android 8.0 (Oreo)
- Memory: 4GB and 64GB or 6GB or 128GB
- Primary Camera: 16 MP, f/1.8 aperture sensor
- Secondary Camera: 25 Megapixel f/2.0 aperture sensor
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Po 3400 mAh battery
Oppo F7 Price in Nepal (Expected): Rs. 35,000 – Rs. 37,000
Oppo phones are known to have great cameras. They might not be the best in giving you raw performance or giving you the best battery life, but they sure can take great photos. However, this phone looks promising. For a price that is sub 40 grand, you are getting pretty decent specifications which will cost you well over 45 thousand if these were to be crammed in a phone from Samsung or Huawei.
Helio P60 is a pretty powerful chip. And this combined with 4 or 6 Gigs of RAM is not a joke. The basic day to day tasks such as going through the social media and surfing the web will fly through this device. You might experience some hitches when you are playing games such as Asphalt 8 and PUBG but it is not going to struggle in lighter titles at all.
As for cameras, they are, yet again, INSANE. The 16 Megapixel rear camera is fairly mainstream at this point, but when it comes to the front camera, it is a complete insanity; 25 freaking megapixels. For all the selfie lovers out there, this can really be a boon. Most cameras in the market don’t have sharp enough front camera, but 25 megapixel is, well, probably the most amount of pixels you can cram in a front camera. However, megapixels don’t define the image quality.
So, my verdict as of now is that this phone might not be for everyone. But for people who love the full-view display, selfies and the notch this might be the best one they can get.
SEE ALSO: OPPO Mobiles Price in Nepal
- IME Pay Celebrates 1 Million Downloads on PlayStore with A GiveawayIME Pay, one of the popular digital wallets of Nepal has hit 1 million downloads…
- Yamaha Ray ZR 125 FI Street Rally Launched in Nepal for Rs. 2.54 LakhsAll-new sporty Yamaha Ray ZR 125 Street Rally is now available in Nepal. MAW Enterprises, the…
- Sony WH-1000XM4 ANC Headphone Launched in NepalNepal Hima Trade Link, the official distributor of Sony in Nepal has launched Sony WH1000XM4…
- Huawei Y8p with OLED Display and 48MP Camera Launched in NepalAfter a quiet launch of the Huawei P40 Pro, Huawei has launched Huawei Y8p in…
- Coolpad Cool X with 7.12 inch Display and 6000 mAh Battery Launched in NepalCoolpad is back in Nepal and they have been pretty busy with new smartphone launches.…