Nepal is the third happiest SAARC country and the 101st in the world dropping from 99th position of last year.
- This ranking is based on the World Happiness index which was prepared by Sustainable Development Network. The associate agency of United Nations prepared the index to mark the World Happiness Day which is celebrated on March 20.
- It was determined by the country’s per capita income, democracy, reliability, life expectancy and social support and rescue.
- The happiness index of Nepal has fallen to 4.88 in 2017 from 4.962 in 2016.
- Among the SAARC countries, Pakistan is the happiest country at global position 75 followed by Bhutan at 97.
- After Nepal comes Bhutan, Sir Lanka then India at 115, 116 and 133 respectively. Afghanistan and the Maldives are excluded in the report.
- Finland is the happiest country in the world with an index of 7.632. It is followed by Norway, Denmark, Iceland, Switzerland, the Netherlands, Canada, New Zealand, Sweden and Australia respectively.
- On the other hand, Burundi is the unhappiest country. Also, South Sudan, Tanzania, Yemen, Rwanda, Syria, Liberia, Haiti, Malawi and Botswana are amongst the least happy countries.
Featured video from TechLekh
Xiaomi 12 Pro Unboxing & Impressions नेपालीमा
Xiaomi 12 Lite with Snapdragon 778G Launching Soon in NepalXiaomi is set to launch the Xiaomi 12 Lite in Nepal. The phone was announced…
Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 Pro: Samsung Introduces a New Pro SmartwatchAt the Unpacked 2022 event on August 10, Samsung introduced the Galaxy Watch 5 Pro.…
Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 with Temperature Sensor and Bigger Battery UnveiledSamsung unveiled the new Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 series, its latest Android smartwatches, at Samsung…