- A report by the Nepal Rastra Bank (NRB) titled “Current Macroeconomic and Financial Situation” showed that Nepal exported goods worth US Dollar 17 million to China in the seven months from mid-July 2017.
- This amount shows an increase of 72.3% over the same period of the last fiscal year.
- Nepal has been exporting products such as wheat flour, tea, noodles, handicrafts and pashmina.
- According to the report, Nepal witnessed a trade deficit of 5.88 billion U.S. dollar from mid-July 2017.
Why it matters:
- With Nepal struggling to reduce the increasing trade deficit, the rise in exports to China has come as a relief.
- Bajaj Pulsar NS 200, with Single-Channel ABS and FI Engine, Launched in NepalFinally! Bajaj Pulsar NS 200 ABS FI is here! After much speculations, Bajaj Nepal has…
- Tootle, Nepali Ride-Sharing App, Goes 24×7!After Pathao’s arrival, it definitely stirred some pot in the Nepali ride-hailing scene. Some were…
- Ncell Brings All Net Voice Pack: 20 Minutes of Talk Time for All Networks at Just Rs. 20Good News for Ncell prepaid customers! Ncell has just brought in the “All Net Voice…