- A report by the Nepal Rastra Bank (NRB) titled “Current Macroeconomic and Financial Situation” showed that Nepal exported goods worth US Dollar 17 million to China in the seven months from mid-July 2017.
- This amount shows an increase of 72.3% over the same period of the last fiscal year.
- Nepal has been exporting products such as wheat flour, tea, noodles, handicrafts and pashmina.
- According to the report, Nepal witnessed a trade deficit of 5.88 billion U.S. dollar from mid-July 2017.
Why it matters:
- With Nepal struggling to reduce the increasing trade deficit, the rise in exports to China has come as a relief.
- Samsung Galaxy A51 with L-shaped Quad Camera Array is Launching in Nepal SoonSamsung’s A series comprised of a plethora of devices last year. Even though they were…
- Samsung Galaxy Buds+ Launched in Nepal: But, What’s Different?Wireless EarPods have come a long way since their inception. They were practically invisible until…
- Govt. Announces 10 Percent VAT Rebate on Electronic Payments. GO DIGITAL!The Inland Revenue Department (IRD) has just executed a new system whereby purchases made via…