Update: The site has been restored after this news was published.
- The Filipino black hat hacking group did a hacking spree back in the beginning of April. They claimed that they hacked the websites and leaked information from the sites to mock the cyber security of those sites.
- The hacked websites mostly included those from government agencies, schools, and companies based in the Philippines, and abroad including India, Brazil, Argentina, Bangladesh, and Vietnam.
One More Thing:
- Two other government websites of Nepal were recently hacked by the same group: Department of Passports and Ministry of Law, Justice and Parliamentary Affairs.
- These sites have been restored already.
- Just recently, the Facebook page of Nepal Telecom has been deleted after suspected hacking (not by the same group).
Why it Matters:
- This goes on to show how poorly Internet security is regarded by the government when the apex body to promote science and technology has its website compromised.
- NTC Facebook Page (Possibly) Hacked
- Threat Report 2017: Current State and Vulnerability of Cyber Security of Nepal
- Nepali Websites Being Compromised to Host Phishing Pages
Featured video from TechLekh
Xiaomi 12 Pro Unboxing & Impressions नेपालीमा
Vivo Y55 with Snapdragon 680 Launched in NepalVivo has launched the recently announced Vivo Y55 in Nepal. This is a 4G variant,…
Satellite Operator Kacific To Improve Broadband Internet Access in NepalKacific Broadband Satellites Group (Kacific), a satellite operator providing a high-speed broadband internet service, has…
Lectro Electric Cycles Price in Nepal: Features and SpecsThis is the complete price list for Lectro electric cycles in Nepal. Nimbus International Pvt.…