Update: The site has been restored after this news was published.
- The Filipino black hat hacking group did a hacking spree back in the beginning of April. They claimed that they hacked the websites and leaked information from the sites to mock the cyber security of those sites.
- The hacked websites mostly included those from government agencies, schools, and companies based in the Philippines, and abroad including India, Brazil, Argentina, Bangladesh, and Vietnam.
One More Thing:
- Two other government websites of Nepal were recently hacked by the same group: Department of Passports and Ministry of Law, Justice and Parliamentary Affairs.
- These sites have been restored already.
- Just recently, the Facebook page of Nepal Telecom has been deleted after suspected hacking (not by the same group).
Why it Matters:
- This goes on to show how poorly Internet security is regarded by the government when the apex body to promote science and technology has its website compromised.
- NTC Facebook Page (Possibly) Hacked
- Threat Report 2017: Current State and Vulnerability of Cyber Security of Nepal
- Nepali Websites Being Compromised to Host Phishing Pages
Featured video from TechLekh
Xiaomi 12 Pro Unboxing & Impressions नेपालीमा
Purple Launches a Bunch of New Accessories in NepalEarlier this year, a new Nepali accessory brand Purple was launched in Nepal, debuting three…
Honor 70 with 54MP Sensor to Launch Soon in NepalHonor is ready to launch Honor 70 in Nepal. It is Honor’s upper mid-range smartphone…
Realme C33 with Unisoc Tiger T612 Launched in NepalRealme today launched Realme C33 in Nepal. It is a new budget phone from Realme…