The official website of National Academy of Science and Technology has been hacked. The Filipino black hat hacking group PinoyLulzSec has claimed that they were responsible for the hack.
Update: The site has been restored after this news was published.
- The Filipino black hat hacking group did a hacking spree back in the beginning of April. They claimed that they hacked the websites and leaked information from the sites to mock the cyber security of those sites.
- The hacked websites mostly included those from government agencies, schools, and companies based in the Philippines, and abroad including India, Brazil, Argentina, Bangladesh, and Vietnam.
One More Thing:
- Two other government websites of Nepal were recently hacked by the same group: Department of Passports and Ministry of Law, Justice and Parliamentary Affairs.
- These sites have been restored already.
- Just recently, the Facebook page of Nepal Telecom has been deleted after suspected hacking (not by the same group).
Why it Matters:
- This goes on to show how poorly Internet security is regarded by the government when the apex body to promote science and technology has its website compromised.
- NTC Facebook Page (Possibly) Hacked
- Threat Report 2017: Current State and Vulnerability of Cyber Security of Nepal
- Nepali Websites Being Compromised to Host Phishing Pages
Yamaha Ray Z Price in Nepal (March 2023 Updated)Highlights Yamaha Ray Z price in Nepal is Rs. 2.19 Lakhs. Yamaha Ray Z is…
Xiaomi 13 Pro Pre-booking Starts in Nepal with Exclusive OffersHIGHLIGHTS Pre-booking for Xiaomi 13 Pro begins today. Xiaomi 13 Pro is the company’s top-of-the-line…
iPhone 14 Pro Max Gets a Price Drop in Nepal: Is It Time to Upgrade?HIGHLIGHTS iPhone 14 Pro Max’s base models price dropped twice in two months. The Pro…