Nepal Academy of Science and Technology (NAST) has used a machine to produce fuel from waste plastic.
- The machine called Pyrolysis was used by the academy in Surunga of Kankai municipality of Jhapa District on Tuesday to produce fuel. NAST has already demonstrated the machine in 35 municipalities across the country.
- In this machine, around 600 to 700 mililitres of petroleum product can be created with a kilogram of plastic.
- In Nepal’s context, it will take four to five million rupees to install the machine at local levels.
- This technology is already used in 65 countries all over the world.
Why it matters:
According to NAST estimates, more than 21,000 litres of fuel could be produced daily from plastic waste in Jhapa district.
- All New Samsung Galaxy Watch 3 to Launch in Nepal Soon!Samsung unveiled the new Galaxy Watch 3 along with Note 20 series recently. While Samsung…
- Mi Powerbank 2i Launched in Nepal, Price Starts at Rs. 1,899Mi Nepal has launched Mi Powerbank 2i in Nepal. This is the 3rd surprise product…
- Xiaomi has Finally Launched “Redmi Note 9 Pro Max” in Nepal: A Huge Step Up?Xiaomi launched the Redmi Note 9 Pro in Nepal back in June along with Redmi…