Nepal Local Guides, a Nepal-based edition of a global community of explorers sharing their discoveries on Google Maps, is organizing a mapping event for non-profits to help them represent themselves on Google Maps and tell their stories using mapping tools from Google.
Nepal Local Guides will be partnering with Story Cycle, a forum where people can post their stories and increase the impact of their stories. StoryCycle is also using map-based storytelling tools to promote Stories.
Saroj Dhakal, a regional lead, and Level 5 Local Guide, is a resource person and has been working in Nepal Local Guides for the past 2 years. Mr. Saroj Dhakal says, “As a Local Guide, I want to encourage the participants to promote their businesses on Google Map and get great benefits in return.” He will be facilitating the whole session.
The event will cover the following topics:
- Google Maps
- How to get listed in Google Maps?
- How to Upload Photos in Google Maps?
- How to get verified in Google Maps?
- Usage of 360 Imageries to enhance the experience
- Using Google My Maps to tell stories about their activities
- Using Google Earth and Google Earth Pro for Planning and Actions
- Some interesting use-cases from around the Globe and Google Local Guides
Commences at: 11:00 AM
Ends at: 3:00 PM
Venue: Nepal Connection, Thamel
Date: April 6 and April 7, 2017
Entry fee: Rs. 500
- Programiz: An e-Learning Platform from Nepal has now Reached 15 Million pageviews/month in the Global MarketOnly a handful Nepali digital platforms have reached the global audience. One of them is…
- SiTech Dev1 – First SiTech Electric SUV to Arrive in Nepal SoonSiTech Dev1 is coming soon in Nepal. EV Nepal Motors, the authorized distributor of SiTech…
- News Yamaha Fascino 125 Hybrid Launched with More FeaturesYamaha Fascino 125 Hybrid has been launched in India. Yamaha Motors India has revealed the…
- Honda Grazia 125 BS6 Launched in Nepal: New Changes, New Price!Honda Grazia BS6 is now available in Nepal. Syakar Trading Company, the authorized distributor of…