iTel is a new brand trying to make its name in the budget market of Nepal. But with competition already fierce among the established brands like Xiaomi, Samsung, and even Huawei, can this relatively unknown brand make its mark in the budget segment? Only time will tell. For now, let’s look at the phone iTel is launching: the A32F which retails for Rs. 10,125 currently.
The tagline for A32F is ‘fingerprint for everyone’. So, obviously, you have a fingerprint sensor in this phone. And we have to say that it is rare to see one at this price point. But only a fingerprint sensor can’t run the phone. Let’s take a look at what’s inside.
Inside, a quad-core MediaTek Mt6737 processor runs the device in conjunction with 1GB RAM. The processor is very entry-level; it is fine for the price. You can use normal apps like facebook and youtube easily. What concerns us is the 1GB RAM which is a bit too tight for android to fit in. But that’s where the ‘Android Go’ thing comes in. It is atoned down leaner version of Android for less powerful devices such as the iTel A32F. Here, apps from Google like Maps and YouTube are a fraction of their original size. They lose some functionality that is extraneous to many people to fit themselves into that size. But they are surprisingly functional, fluid and use a very small amount of resources. So, this phone might not suffer as some other phones with 1GB RAM and the standard version of Android.
iTel A32F Key Specifications
- Display: 5 inch IPS LCD display with 640×480 resolution 195ppi
- Chipset: Quad-core MediaTek MT6737 1.3GHz
- GPU: ARM Mali-T720 MP2
- Memory: 1GB RAM, 8GB internal storage (expandable up to 32GB using micro-SD card slot)
- OS: Android Go Oreo 8.1
- Rear Camera: 5MP
- Front Camera: 2 MP
- Battery: 2050 mAh battery
- Sensors: Fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
iTel A32F Price in Nepal: Rs. 10,125
We have to hold our thoughts on the camera though. We know for sure that a 5MP camera won’t blow us away and neither will the 2MP front-facing one. But if they are functional enough and can control the noise enough in their photos, they will justify the price tag of Rs. 10,125. But it is worth noting that the CG OMEGA 6 will give you a dual 12MP+2MP camera sensors for nearly the same price as the iTel A32F.
And we haven’t talked about the screen yet. Though this phone costs only 10K, it should have had a screen of HD resolution at the least. The CG OMEGA 6 has it. The OMEGA 6 also has twice the internal storage of the A32F, and a significantly bigger battery than the A32F whose battery we are not sure will last you all day.
So, the main attraction of the iTel A32F is the Android Go 8.1 Oreo that it ships with. It might make this phone feel a little faster than its counterpart. As for other aspects, they are typical of the price and aren’t anything attention-grabbing. If you are short on cash, iTel A32F may be a phone you’d want to consider.
SEE ALSO: Best Smartphones Under 10000 in Nepal
- CG Launches The Brand-new OMEGA 6 “Three Camera Phone” in Nepal
- Huawei Nova 3 and 3i Phones Now Available for Pre-booking at Daraz
- Nokia 6, 5, and 3 Receives Price Drop in Nepal – Does it Make Sense?
- Daraz Brings Offers on Budget Phones – Up to 66% Discount!There are plenty of deals going on this month on one of the biggest e-commerce…
- MG Hector, An Interesting SUV with Internet, Expected Soon in NepalThese days premium SUVs are the latest trends in the auto market. Just a few…
- Hero Maestro Edge 125 and Hero Pleasure Plus 110 Launched in India; Expected Soon in NepalIf you remember the ‘Hero Scooter Price in Nepal’ article, you’d know that Hero MotoCorp…