The Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) is all set to hold the first capacity development workshop for Asia Governmental Advisory Committee (GAC) members on 24th and 25th of February 2018 in Kathmandu.
The two-day workshop is being organized in cooperation with the ICANN GAC Underserved Regions Working Group, and with the support of Nepal’s Department of Information Technology.
Why it Matters:
- Asia is rapidly developing and has prospects for adding next billion Internet users.
- However, there are still challenges regarding security in Internet access.
- This workshop aims to address those challenges and it will feature key ICANN policy topics and the relevant GAC and cross-community working groups.
- According to ICANN, the opening remarks will be given by Sanjay Sharma, Secretary, Ministry of Science and Technology, Nepal.
- Almost 20 government representatives from 11 economies in Asia will attend the workshop.
- The topics that will be addressed in the workshop include:
- Understanding the ICANN ecosystem
- Understanding the Internet: names, numbers, protocol parameters
- Security, stability, and resiliency (SSR) of unique Internet identifiers
- ICANN policy development process
One more thing:
The workshop will seek feedback from Asia GAC representatives on how best to support their work and increase their presence in the region and in ICANN.
Vianet Introduces XGS-PON Technology, Offering up to 2 Gbps Symmetrical Internet SpeedsHIGHLIGHTS Vianet announces XGS Extreme internet package. The package has two plans: symmetrical 1Gbps and…
Yamaha Saluto Price in Nepal (March 2023 Updated)Highlights Yamaha Saluto 125 price in Nepal is Rs. 2.46 Lakhs. Yamaha Saluto comes with…
Khaanpin Launches Foodloop, Corporate Bulk Food Delivery ServiceHIGHLIGHTS Khaanpin launches a new vertical called Foodloop. Foodloop is a corporate bulk food delivery…