This year in Barcelona at MWC, we got to see new smartphones from different mobile companies. We saw LG releasing their new flagship phone for 2017, the LG G6. On the budget side of the market, we had Motorola and some Chinese smartphone vendors like ZTE and Gionee.
Gionee Nepal organized its first bloggers meet on 3rd March 2017. They organized the bloggers meet to showcase their new range of smartphone, their A-Series lineup. They said that the A-Series Gionee mobile phones are the combination of their liked Marathon Series and S-Series Gionee smartphones. The A-Series of phones will be having the mix of both M-Series and S-Series Gionee phones i.e. good battery life and a good camera (especially selfie camera) respectively with added more new features to satisfy the needs of consumers.
Tele Talk Pvt. Ltd., the distributor of Gionee mobiles in Nepal is set to release the Gionee A1 on end of this month (March) in the Nepali market and the pre-booking of the phone is said to go live after the mid of this month.
Best of Gionee A1
The Gionee A1 comes with a 13MP rear camera and a 16MP front shooter. The rear 13MP camera is equipped with the AF SONY258 sensor which is similar to the one found in the Gionee S6s. The rear facing camera has f/2.0 aperture which will help capture photos even in a less lit environment. Talking about the front facing camera, it has a super selfie quality, 16MP HD camera for taking good selfies. The selfie camera is equipped with a selfie flash and a flash cover that are exclusively customized, making the light spread on your face even and soft. Though the camera looks good, at times the beauty modes can be pretty aggressive, resulting the photos to look unnatural. While playing with the camera on the A1, it showed some promising results and I am pretty sure the selfie fans will love this camera.
The Gionee A1 packs a whopping 4010mAh battery inside it, which Gionee claims to last for around 2 days of normal use. For heavy users like playing with the camera, web surfing, watching videos and game playing, you will not have to look for your charger at the middle of the day. This device also supports fast charging, with 18W dual core fast charging onboard which will get a quick full charge in less than 2 hours. The phone also has a super power saving mode which can be activated for a longer time even on low battery.
Gionee claims that the refreshed version of their new software will allow the users with a faster UI experience. The Gionee A1 is rocking the MediaTek Helio P10 processor clocked at 2.0 Ghz. This phone will be running Android 7.0 Nougat out of the box with some light Gionee skin on top. This octa-core chipset is coupled with 4 GB of RAM, which will help the phone for heavy usage and multitasking. Now with the new updated software, you can also split your screen while you are engaged with multiple apps. The fingerprint reader which is located at front of the phone is very quick and snappy and can unlock the device is less than a second which Gionee claims to be 0.2~0.3 second.
Gionee A1 Key Specifications
- Display – 5.5 inches FHD AMOLED capacitive touchscreen
- Resolution –1080 x 1920 pixels (~367ppi pixel density)
- Chipset – MediaTek MT6755 Helio P10
- CPU – Quad-core (4×2.0 GHz Cortex-A53 and 4×1.0 GHz Cortex-A53)
- GPU – Mali-T860MP2
- OS –Android OS, v7.0 (Nougat) with Amigo OS 4.0
- Memory – 64 GB internal storage with microSD card slot up to 128 GB, 4 GB RAM
- Primary Camera –13MP, f/2.0, phase detection autofocus, LED flash
- Secondary Camera – 16 MP, f/2.0, 1/3” sensor size
- Battery – Non-removable Li-Ion 4010 mAh battery with fast charge
- Sensors – Fingerprint (front-mounted), Gyroscope, Proximity sensor, Electronic compass, Gravity sensor, Light sensor, Hall sensor
The Gionee A1 comes with a Full HD 5.5-inch display and spec wise this phone is reasonably capable as what it offers for this price point. While I had some time in the bloggers meet to get my hands on this device, the device feels a bit premium thanks to its full metal body design with Gorilla Glass 3 on the front. The 64GB internal storage with microSD expandable up to 128GB will be sufficient for almost every user. This phone also supports dual-SIM (Micro-Nano) which supports 4G LTE connection which will provide a better connectivity compared to the 3G network. So, all and all it is a good phone for what it offers in this price range. A full in-depth review will be coming soon in the future after we get our hands on with our new Gionee A1.
- 10 Best Apps to Gain Weight for a Healthier LifestyleDo you find it hard to gain weight? You want to build muscle, be healthier,…
- IDP Launches Study Abroad App: Connecting Students and UniversitiesStuck at home, we can’t wait to get out of the house once it’s safe…
- IME Motors Launches Customer App: Automakers in Nepal Mulling to Go Digital!Amidst a global pandemic, everyday life is yet to be normal. Unfortunately, each and every…