- Signa Con was selected through a global tender. The contractor is currently carrying a study to find out the quantity of equipment that will be needed to execute the upgradation.
- The study will take 2 months. After the study report is presented to NEA, NEA will approve the report and the equipment will be imported.
- The contractor plans to start the upgrade from May and complete it by February 2019.
- This project will upgrade the power line linking the country’s far western region to the national grid, from single circuit to double circuit. This will allow the transmission of six-phase electric power from the current power of three-phase.
- After its implementation, the power line will be able to evacuate around 180 MW of electricity in the region.
- The Balanch-Attariya Transmission Line was supposed to be completed in 2014 but different factors pushed back the deadline until it came into completed in November 2017.
- It is currently transmitting electricity generated by the 30 MW Chameliya Hydropower Project developed by the NEA, and the 8.5 MW Naugad Hydropower Project developed by Api Power.
- Lava Benco V7 Launched in Nepal: A Worthy Entry Level Smartphone?Around 3 months ago, it seemed like Lava was on the brink of extinction. Its…
- Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Lite to Exclusively Launch on Daraz Nepal Soon!The sudden transition of mid-range smartphone in affordability and technicality field has shifted the whole…
- Vivo S1 Pro Review: Better Camera than its Predecessor, But Still Lacks PerformanceVivo S series made it to Nepal in August 2019 with the launch of Vivo…