- Signa Con was selected through a global tender. The contractor is currently carrying a study to find out the quantity of equipment that will be needed to execute the upgradation.
- The study will take 2 months. After the study report is presented to NEA, NEA will approve the report and the equipment will be imported.
- The contractor plans to start the upgrade from May and complete it by February 2019.
- This project will upgrade the power line linking the country’s far western region to the national grid, from single circuit to double circuit. This will allow the transmission of six-phase electric power from the current power of three-phase.
- After its implementation, the power line will be able to evacuate around 180 MW of electricity in the region.
- The Balanch-Attariya Transmission Line was supposed to be completed in 2014 but different factors pushed back the deadline until it came into completed in November 2017.
- It is currently transmitting electricity generated by the 30 MW Chameliya Hydropower Project developed by the NEA, and the 8.5 MW Naugad Hydropower Project developed by Api Power.
- Samsung Extends Warranties on All Products in Nepal Amid LockdownThe global COVID-19 pandemic has completely turned the tables on everything that was once considered…
- OYO Offers Free Stay for the Stranded Tourists in Kathmandu and Pokhara Amid LockdownThe government has extended the nationwide lockdown for the third time. Judging by the on-going…
- Digital Payments in Nepal Soar As More People Stay Home on Virus FearsThe global COVID-19 pandemic has completely turned the tables on everything that was once considered…