Known throughout for his Nepal Wireless Networking Project, the Internet Hall of Fame inductee Mahabir Pun, along with Eve Dimango, is now the Executive director of a new project called the 85° EAST.
85o EAST is a summer internship program based in Kathmandu with the belief that “classroom learning should extend beyond classroom boundaries.” College students who are accepted to the 85° East Summer Internship Program will be paired with Nepali teachers, entrepreneurs, or engineers who are involved in ongoing development projects. In addition to their placement, students will also be responsible for attending weekly seminars with the program director.
The Summer Internship Program
The Summer 2017 Internship Program has been designed to “give students the freedom to pursue a creative independent project or internship while still providing a framework for academic and personal growth.”
This program is 70% project-based and 30% structured academic work. It will run from approximately June 5 to August 11, 2017. Exact dates are partially dependent on student projects. The full summer will cost 2000 USD and includes all living expenses (housing, food, laundry, and internet access).
The themes of the seminar are:
- Authenticity: What’s it good for?
The students will dissect the meaning and accessibility of authenticity and its relationship to traveling and working abroad.
- Cultural Similarities and Differences:
The students will discuss the obvious cultural and political differences seen in Nepal, and perhaps more subtle ones as well.
- On the Outside Looking In:
Students will be pushed to unpack the discomfort of being easily recognized as different, and to think deeply about how they deal with it.
- Reflection and Introspection
Students will be let to reflect on their education and experience in Nepal.
For more information, you can visit the official website. The application is already closed, but if you’re interested, you can still apply via email. There’s a notice about it on the application page.
- Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 3 Review: The Best Affordable Flip PhonePros IPX8 Water Resistance Improved Displays Durable Build Flawless Performance Top-Notch Selfies Compactness Cons Battery…
- NTA Studying the Possibility of Refurbishing and Assembling Phone Sets in NepalNepal Telecommunication Authority (NTA) is studying the possiblity to assemble and refurbish mobile phone sets.…
- Coolpad Cool 12A Review: An Stylish Entry-Level OptionPros Great design Good display Great Battery Life Decent performance Cons Below Average Camera Bugs…
- Confirmed: Yamaha MT 15 BS6 is Finally Launching in Nepal!Yamaha MT-15 BS6 is headed for Nepal. MAW Enterprises, the authorized distributor of Yamaha motorcycles…
- Infinix Mobiles Price in Nepal: Features and SpecsInfinix is a Hong Kong-based smartphone maker that focuses on making budget phones. Infinix mobiles…
- Samsung Dashain Tihar Offer 2078: up to 35% Discount on Samsung ProductsSamsung, Nepal’s leading consumer electronics brand is giving up to 35% discount on their products…