After the introduction of the 2018 Discover 125 with LED DRL and digital console on April, Bajaj has now introduced the third generation of the Avenger Street bikes. The all-new 2018 Avenger Street 180 has entered the Nepali market and is up for grab at a price tag of Rs. 2,71,900.
Bajaj aims to consolidate its position in the classic bike segment by introducing a powerful engine and feature-loaded new version of the Avenger Street series. Currently, this bike is available in only one color scheme, the Ebony black. The Street 180 looks stunning in this color with the all-black body paintwork. As per the company, the bike will soon be available in other color schemes — Matte Black, Spicy Red, and Matte White.
Bajaj has introduced the new Avenger Street 180 as a more powerful, stylish and practical cruiser to take on its major competitor in the segment which is the recently launched Suzuki Intruder 150.
2018 Bajaj Avenger Street 180 Features
The engine is now more power packed compared to the discontinued Avenger 150cc and under the flesh, the modern roadster gets a 180cc motor, oil-cooled single-cylinder DTS-i engine. The cruiser has a 5-speed gearbox and is capable of producing a peak power of 15.5 BHP at 8500 RPM and a max torque of 13.7 NM at 6500 RPM which is a bit less than the Pulsar 180 but is enough for city maneuvering.
The new 2018 cruiser gets a telescopic front fork, twin shock absorbers at the rear end which absorbs bumps and potholes pretty well — it is improved from the 150cc variant but is still slightly on the stiffer side. On the braking front, it gets a front disc brake while the rear wheel gets a drum brake. The absence of ABS at least as an option is disappointing but it comes with new body graphics and color scheme which is pleasing to the eye.
Talking about the features of the Avenger 2018 variant, the new Street 180 has an analog single-pod console for speedometer and odometer, improved seat quality with better padding in terms of comfort and spoked alloy wheels. LED DRL’s have been added to the redesigned headlamp up front and the all-body blacked out paint makes the bike look aggressive and attractive at the same time.
Moving on to the dimensions of the new cruiser, the length, width, height are 2210mm, 806mm, 1070mm respectively. The wheelbase has been shortened compared to the 220cc variant and stands at 1480mm with a ground clearance of 177mm. The kerb weight of the bike is 150kg and fuel tank capacity is of 13 liters with a claimed mileage of around 35kmpl.
Avenger Street 180 Key Specifications
- Engine: oil-cooled, 2-valve single-cylinder DTS-i
- Displacement: 178.6cc
- Mileage: 35kmpl
- Transmission: 5-speed gearbox
- Max Power: 15.5 BHP at 8500 RPM
- Max Torque: 13.7 NM at 6500 RPM
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 13L
- Ground Clearance: 177mm
- Kerb Weight: 150kg
- Top Speed: 114kmph
Avenger Street 180 Price in Nepal: Rs. 2,71,900
The 2018 Avenger Street 180 is an entry-level cruiser that has a classical design and with the updates done to its front and graphics, it is a refreshed bike altogether. The mileage, cruising comfort, revised design, updated engine, and power cannot go unnoticed in the Avenger Street 180 which gets the edge over the Suzuki Intruder 150.
The Suzuki Intruder 150 is also a bit expensive, priced somewhere around Rs. 3,00,000. So the Avenger gets an advantage in the price as well. The revised and features-loaded cruiser is priced competitively than its rival so, contrarily to the Avenger’s tagline which is “Take It Easy”, this bike is expected to give a tough time to all of its competitors in the Nepali market.
- Yamaha Introduces The New 2018 Fazer 25 and FZS FI V2.0 in Nepal
- MotorHead Tekken 250 Crossover and CRF 250 Dirt Bikes Officially Launched in Nepal
- CROSS X 250R Now Available for Pre-bookings; Priced at Rs. 5.25 Lakhs
- Nokia 3.2 with Large Display & Big Battery Launching in Nepal SoonReview of: Nokia 3.2Reviewed by: Nishan Rating:4On June 19, 2019Last modified:June 19, 2019Summary:If this is…
- Nokia 2.2 with Helio A22 SoC, 13MP Rear Camera to Launch in Nepal SoonReview of: Nokia 2.2Reviewed by: Nishan Rating:4On June 18, 2019Last modified:June 18, 2019Summary:The competition has…
- 2019 Honda Dio DLX Launched in Nepal – Now Comes with Digital Instrument Cluster!Review of: Honda Dio 2019Price:Rs. 2,03,900Reviewed by: Jubindra K.CRating:4On June 18, 2019Last modified:June 18, 2019Summary:Interestingly,…